A Slat Conveyor is typically a two strand chain conveyor with narrow slats bolted from strand to strand creating a solid platform for conveying. A product fixture can also be installed on slats to assist in holding orientation on specific parts. The chain strands are normally covered exposing only the slat, the moving surface. Slat conveyors are available in a lighter duty (cost effective) bolt together version manufactured in galvanized steel but available in mild steel and powder coat. For heavier loads, a welded construction with powder coat finish is also available.
Slat Conveyors provide a continuous moving platform creating a sound surface for workers while assembling products as they move down an assembly line. These conveyors also give support for irregular shaped products and products with legs.
Assembling kitchen appliances from blenders to refrigerators is a function where slat conveyors are used today. These conveyors can also be utilized for indexing from station to station. Slat conveyors are a perfect fit for products of multiple widths. Additional types of products being conveyed on slat conveyors are furniture with legs, lawn mowers, garden carts, water heaters and air conditioners.
- Bolt-together model
- Standard conveyors are available but specials can be provided
- Long runs of conveyor with only one drive
- Operator can be close to the task from both sides of the conveyor
- Can handle products from 1 lb. to 100 lbs. per foot
Automotive – Modular Assembly & Powertrain
- Welded model
- Build to order product
- 100 lbs. to 1000 lbs. capacity is a function of length
- 24” to 60” slat length
- Heavy product assembly
- May allow personal to work on conveyor
- Slat type
- Power coat finish for bolt together
- Fixture mounting
- Control packages